Bed sores … restore, nourish, soothe and protect.
Cabot P.O.L. Cream and P.O.L. Lotion are scientifically advanced formulations that help protect against bed sores (also referred to as pressure ulcers or decubitus ulcers) and protects vulnerable skin. P.O.L. restores, nourishes and soothes, providing a strong emollient and protective barrier. The effectiveness of the phospholipids are heightened by the synergistic activity of vitamin A, vitamin E, allantoin and hyaluronic acid.
Pressure ulcers are caused by prolonged pressure and typically occur over bony prominences in bed or chair-bound individuals. The pressure cuts off the blood supply and without oxygen and nutrients, the tissue starts to die. Starting with skin redness or a blister, sores can progress to a deep wound that damages muscles, tendons and bone. However, most pressure ulcers can be prevented.
- Change position in bed at least every 2 hours. In a wheelchair change positioin at least hourly.
- If able to move yourself, shift position every 15 minutes. Maintain good body alignment.
- Do not elevate head of bed greater than 30 degrees, to prevent sliding.
- Find a sitting or lying position that is 30 degrees toward one side or the other, not squarely on the hip.
- Place a pillow under calves, to keep the heels off the mattress. Place a pillow between the knees. Do not use donut-ring cushions, which can cut off circulation. Use a special bed mattress or wheelchair cushion.
- Wear special pads to protect skin that is resting against braces and other devices.
- When moving someone, lift rather than drag. Try placing a sheepskin under a body part to decrease friction.
- Keep the skin clean and dry.
- If incontinent, use a protective cream on skin that may come in contact with urine or stool. Frequently check the patient and do not let feces or urine remain on the skin.
- Check the skin at least daily for signs of pressure problems. Keep sheets clean and free of wrinkles.
- Maintain good nutrition.
Delivers phospholipids – powerful natural moisturizers and antioxidants – to protect and treat thin, dry, sensitive or aging skin and renew the skin’s protective barrier function. Phospholipids are indispensible in maintaining and improving the health and visible appearance of all skin. No steroids, parabens or fragrances.
3 oz Tube